Sunday, September 16, 2007

First lesson! Planet Shakers - Majesty!

Hey guys!
This is the first lesson for this site! Majesty by Planet Shakers!
This has got to be one of my favorite songs of all time! When I hear the song, it just makes me wanna dance, get up on my feet and I can feel all that blood rushing through my head telling me to start dancing!
Yes it does have a simple disco 4/4 beat but if you know how to add simple little fills, exciting new colors to this song, it will be so fun to play. I've probably played this song more than a 100 times and I've never got bored of it. I'm always trying new stuff on this song.
Here are 2 videos; a full version of me playing the whole song and the drum parts for it.
I can't copy exactly like the song itself, but I just love improvising on this song. So comments are appreciated, it's my first time doing this, any mistakes please do point it out! Once again, enjoy!



4 comments:

cfsam said...

I wish I am a drummer, but I'm not! :p See if I can learn something thru this site and then we switch! hehe. Well done!

Dooly said...

Awesome drumming~ I think this site'll really help some people out who're not sure what to play for whatever songs once it starts to grow and such. :]

And can I suggest making the background music more audible in the video?

topheryun said...

interesting website. i hope you do grow, i'll put in a prayer request so my church can pray that your website grows. keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME website!! Im a newbie in drum and sumtimes duno how to play fast songs. This site sure helps me a lot..Keep up the good work..THX =D

Welcome to Rhythm Praise!

rhythm |ˈriðəm|
noun

1 the rhythm of the music beat, cadence, tempo, time, pulse, throb, swing.
2 poetic features such as rhythm meter, measure, stress, accent, cadence.
3 the rhythm of daily life pattern, flow, tempo.

"praise Him with the clash of cymbals, praise Him with resounding cymbals." - Psalm 150:5